Nursery Health Policy
For the protection of your child and other children, parents are requested not to bring a child to church who appears to be ill. Upon the recommendation of the Committee on Control of Infectious Diseases of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a child should not be taken from home when any of the following exists:
- Fever - currently or within the previous 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Any symptom of a childhood disease such as scarlet fever, German measles, mumps, chicken pox or whooping cough.
- Common cold - from onset through one week
- Sore throat
- Any unexplained rash
- Any skin infection - boils, ringworm, or impetigo
- Pink eye or other eye infection
If a child develops a fever or other symptoms of illness, he will be isolated and the parents contacted to take the child home.
We will not administer medicine. this is a very serious responsibility, which must be supervised by parents.
Should your child develop an infectious disease following a session in the preschool areas, please contact the preschool office immediately.
Parents should report any allergies to the preschool teacher immediately.
For sanitation reasons, cloth diapers and soiled clothing are not rinsed out but are returned to you in a plastic bag.